Thursday, December 23, 2010

Awesome Technique!

You all have to try this... it's my new favorite technique! You all should know by now that I love, love, love glitter, shimmer and pretty much anything shiny or sparkly!! AND, you know that I love to candy coat just about anything or at least a portion of what I am working on... well, here's how you can add just a touch of sparkle without over doing it! See the shadow of the sentiment? That is covered with glitter! Click on the image below to see a larger view... it looks awesome!!!


And here is how I did it... I took just the shadow portion of the sentiment and sprayed it with Helmar's V2 Vellum Adhesive... it's not JUST for Vellum ;) I let it set for 5 minutes and then applied the sentiment on top of it so the V2 adheres it to it's shadow. Now sprinkle it with glitter! I used Stampendous Fine Glitter, it's my fav!! I popped it up with Zapdots on a matt and adhered it to a card :) To see the instructions on the card, you can visit the Mixology Crafts Blog. If you are interested in the gypsy file, just send me an e-mail and I will send it to you :)


Now for my future DIL... LOL!!! Aren't they adorable together? Cullen is just SO smitten with Lainey :)


Here's wishing you all a very MERRY Christmas!!!
Becky Teichmiller

No comments: