Monday, February 27, 2006
Oh and Extreme Makeover Home addition - I really love my house, but have you seen what these people get???? Count me in!
I had the night "off" and scrapped my little heart out, I was such a happy camper :)
This one is for Fiber Scraps, I think this is my favorite!
This one is for Outrageuos Daisy, I used their elementals in the half circle. Oh and a bookplate!
And this one was just for fun, almost a tribute to Urban Lily, so sad they went out of business.
For those of you who don't know, I am such a reality tv junkie! So, I would be on ALL of them!!
I'm not sure how I would do with starving on Survivor, but I'd like to try it. I don't think I'd be that good on Amazing race, but I'd try that too.
Big Brother - I think I'd do well, and have so much fun!!!
Dancing/Skating with the stars(even though I'm not a star!) - Well, as long as I don't have to do hip hop I think I'd be fine.
American Idol - I think not, but would like to audition to meet the judges, especially Simon :)
I'll add more later :)
Saturday, February 25, 2006
BTW, I thought this would be tons of fun and while it is and I love looking at all of the fun projects and beautiful LOs, it is so incredibly hard! I've been there, I know how much time is put into entering and I know how it feels not to be chosen. So, every no I have to make I just cringe.
I don't think I really like this one. I'm not sure what is wrong with it! I just don't think I'm a pastel kinda girl. Well, I'm not thrilled with the Joanne's rub-ons, the ones used in the title - aster. They are sopose to be white, looks more like transparent!! Any suggestions?
Share some of your bad date stories.
I don't have a bad date that really sticks out, but I did date a guy that is a pretty funny story.
I met this guy, don't even remember his name, at a club. He was very pretty, the model type. He was an aspiring model. No, he was not a girl. Anyway, we talked a few times and he was really cool. I invited him over, so, he and his friend and friends kid came over. I opened the door and to my surprise, he had foundation and powder on! Maybe a little eyeliner too! Hence, the name "cover girl" - What a turn off!!!! I did ask him questions, just incase he came from or was going to a photo shoot and no, it was just a regular day! Well, it was over, I could never date a guy that wore more make-up than me - lol!!!
Thursday, February 23, 2006
1. How did you get into scrapbooking? I have always been a picture freak! I use to put my pics in those acid filled albums - yuck! Well, I fell in love with my hubby and around the same time heard about "real" scrapbooking. We were at Michael's one day and he bought me my first scrapbook :) Now, I couldn't even drag my hubby into Michael's - lol!
2. How do you define your style? I don't have a particular style.
3. Do you like scrapbooking with other people? With my SIL. I don't like going to crops and having to travel with my stuff. I always forget something!!
4. Do you have friends that scrapbook with you? Rarely, my SIL and I scrap. It's usually once a year.
5. Do you ever scrapbook about yourself? I don't like to, I have sooooo many pictures of my kids and family that I really need to do before I do some about me. That is my biggest pet peeve about contests - AAM/BOM LOs! I promise that I will never have a contest where I will ask for an AAM/BOM LO!!!
6. Do you scraplift? If yes/no, why? Yes, I basically look at it as inspiration since I rarely "copy" LOs. I usually "lift" an idea or shape or somathing small.
7. Do you stamp in your scrapbook pages? Sometimes, but not a lot. I probably would more if I had cool stamps!
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Monday, February 20, 2006
On a brighter note, I am going to use my flower book in a positive way. I am going to be teaching a class on how to make my flower book! I'm so excited!! The details are a little foggy still, but I am going to be contacting 5 LSS with 3 different classes, they can take all 3 or 2 or 1 or none! I've been working on details, calling Scrapbook stores and trying to get donations almost all day. I'm not sure if I fed the kids???? jk. I just gotta get this done before I pop! So, I have to work fast!
On top of all this, Caytlynn has a really bad cold, poor girl!
Saturday, February 18, 2006
I am just loving all of the LOs and projects I have received!!
For Michelle's guilty pleasure challenge.... One of my guilty pleasures is TV. Mostly reality TV, but I watch a lot of shows! To name a few... Lost, Am Idol, Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Survivor, The Office, Joey, My Name is Earl, Nip/Tuck, The Sheild, The OC, Dancing and Skating with the Stars, Las Vegas, 24(Keifer - YUM!), project runway. There's more, but I just can't think of them right now!
Friday, February 17, 2006
1. Meet Poison back in the "big hair days". Yep, I had big hair, the biggest out of all my friends! This has to be my all time fav group. And, yes, I still listen to them. It brings me back to the "day"! I was thrilled the other day when Bone Yard played 3 songs of theirs in a row!! I'm such a dork! Here's a pic of me (r) and Brett middle and Julie(l).
2. I am a huge cat lover. If it were up to me, I would have 7 or 8. Not that I would go out and get them, but I have always taken a cat in if I found out that someone was going to get rid of one, mistreated one or whatever the reason may be! I even cat sat for about a year. The most cats I've had is 5. If I never got married, I would definately be one of those "cat ladies"!!
Thursday, February 16, 2006
I'm huge!! I gained 30 pounds - it's hard for me to walk up stairs, much less carry one of my kids up with my big belly! That's 50 -60 extra pounds from what I'm use to!
I'm so tired! It seems like no matter when I go to sleep or how much sleep I get, I'm always tired. OR if I go to bed early, my kids wake up early or are up a zillion times in the middle of the night, we even had to sleep with the little one the other night!!
All of the excitement has been captured by these tiny little men and are keeping it captive until I give birth!! There's just something about being this far along and STILL having to wait another 10 WEEKS!! It reminds me of "Are we there yet??"
Thanks for letting me vent!! These next ten weeks are not going to be fun and there may be more posts like this, but it's all worth it!
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
And, yes, we did make it to the ocean!! Long story, I'm sure I'll do a LO about it, but we made it!!
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Let's have fun to do an imaginary body make-over. What would you like to change?
I would love to have the typical no wrinkles, good skin, good tan... blah, blah, blah!
But the one thing that I would LOVE is to have a flat stomach!! Obviously, if I'm not pregnant at the time! I had a flat stomach periodically in my younger days, and I worked super hard at it, I'm talking about working out everyday about 10-15 aerobics classes a week!!! But it seems like now that I have had kids that is never going to happen again. One can dream though...
Oh, a boob lift would be nice too!!! I've nursed 2 kids, going to be three soon!
Happy Valentine's day!
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Lately, I have been checking their website to see who made the DT and haven't found anything. Well, I contacted MP to see who made the DT and they told me that they went internal. Needless to say I was a bit ticked and sent them a note saying "Well, what a convenient way to sucker people into buying and using your product!" Of course I didn't get a reply back from them and wasn't expecting one. I'm always a little down when I don't make a DT, I would be lying if I said I was happy I didn't make a DT I tried out for. But, for them to make a call like that and then go internal - REALLY pushed my buttons!
Anyone else try out??
Thanks for letting me vent
ScrappingMomof3 1, 6, 7, 10 - 1 right
Burberry Girl 3, 4, 6, 9 - 2 right
em 2, 3, 5, 6 - none
Hillary 3, 4, 6, and 9 - 2 right
1, 4, 8 and 9 are true :)
1. I love Miracle Whip sandwiches. Scarry, but true!
2. My favorite color is red. This is actually my least favorite color, but it is growing on me. I love pink!
3. I have fallen asleep with a pizza in the oven. Something I was likely to do back in the party days. I'm actually surprised it never happened!!
4. I lost 2 sets of keys within 6 months. True - my hubby was NOT happy!
5. In summer, I walk daily. I don't really like to walk, but do occassionally with the kids.
6. I have to fall asleep with the TV on. We don't even have a TV in our bedroom.
7. I love country music. Use to, not anymore. I can tollerate it though.
8. I feel asleep at the wheel. True!! I hit a fire hydrant and totalled my car, it was a rude awakening!
9. I use to do pageants. - Yep! I must have been in about 20 or 30 between the ages of 17 and 24ish
10. I like my coffee with cream and sweet and low. No way, BLACK!
Now, for my dream job(Sunday's Challenge)... I have always wanted a job that would give me a discount on stuff I wanted or needed - i.e. Hardee's, a candle shop, teaching aerobics/yoga. So, I will always teach aerobics and yoga part time. But I would love to design in the scrapbooking industry. I don't care what I do! I have had a couple jobs scrapping for other people and working on DTs and I love it. So, I'm almost doing what I love, I just need more work and a nanny to take care of the kids while I work! Also, opening up my own scrapbooking web store is towards my dream, hopefully someday I will have a storefront, a HUGE store!!! Will you all come visit and crop???
Saturday, February 11, 2006
I will list 10 things about me - 6 lies and 4 truth. Try to guess which ones are true and which ones are not. I will reveal the truth after Saturday!
1. I love Miracle Whip sandwiches.
2. My favorite color is red.
3. I have fallen asleep with a pizza in the oven.
4. I lost 2 sets of keys within 6 months.
5. In summer, I walk daily.
6. I have to fall asleep with the TV on.
7. I love country music.
8. I feel asleep at the wheel.
9. I use to do pageants.
10. I like my coffee with cream and sweet and low.Good luck!
Friday, February 10, 2006
1. What is your occupation? SHAM and Aerobics/Yoga Instructor
2. What color is your underwear? Underwear??
3. What are you listening to right now? Silence and loving it!!!
4. What was the last thing you ate? a cookie - you know I am preggo right??
5. Do you wish on stars? yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? PINK!!!
7. How is the weather right now? cold, cold, cold!!!!
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Hubby
9. How old are you today? 32 - shhh don't tell
10. Favorite drink? not preggo - Captain's and coke; Preggo - Cappichino
11. Favorite sport to watch? Rugby, hockey and NFL
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, it's been bleached, hydrogen peroxided, highlighted and colored, oh, and burned(a little)!!! I'm surprised I still have some :)
13. Do you wear contacts or glasses? glasses occassionally
14. Pets? 2 cats
15. Favorite month? August - my bday :)
16. Favorite food? SUSHI!!!!
17. What was the last movie you watched? The Incredibles
18. Favorite day of the year? any day that's warm
19. What do you do to vent anger? eat or scream
20. Hugs or kisses? both please
21. Cherry or blueberry? blueberry
22. Living arrangements? new house with hubby and 2 girlies
23. When was the last time you cried? About 7 hours ago, I read a really touching story in an e-mail
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Almost everything - shoes, clothes, boxes, tapes, CDs!
26. What did you do last night? read blogs
27. Favorite smell? chai - YUM!
28. What inspires you? random stuff, everything and anything(exact same as Michelle)
29. What are you afraid of? Anything that will hurt or harm my family
30. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Extra cheese AND spicy and Extra, extra mayo
31. Favorite car? my purple firebird :)
32. Favorite dog breed? Maltese (sp??)
33. Number of keys on your key ring? which ring?
34. How many years at your current job? 3 years - SHAM; 7 years - aerobics and Yoga
35. Favorite day of the week? Anyday that my kids are gone - is that bad??
36. How many states have you lived in? 1 - WI
37. How many cities have you lived in/name them? New Berlin, Greenfield, Mukwonago
38. What was the last book you read? about 9 years ago I read 1984. I don't think I finished it!
I tagged - Em, Wendy and Tessa
I choose both! I really would love to be cat woman. I love cats! Plus she is so stinkin sexy in her tight black outfit! So, I want to look like her. At the same time, I would love to have a superhero family like the incredibles. So I would be cat woman that can stretch like elastigirl. I would have Mr. Incredible(Corey) for my hubby and my kids would have whatever power, I really don't care, this one's about me :) :) :)
In addition, I would like the ablilty to stop time, control the weather, have a vehicle that will take me from point a to point b in 2 seconds, and be able to eat whatever I want with out gaining an ounce or having to pay for it(thanks to Carrie for that last one!)!
Oh, almost forgot... I would have more power than my hubby and kids, so nothing would get past me :D
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Extraordinary - Not a typical girl!
Crazy - I do have a wild side and not afraid to show it!!
Kooky - Don't really know how to explain this one, but it's totally me!
Yawn - Very tired!! I'm in my third trimester :)
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
1. Rub-ons that contain PLENTY of vowels and RSTNLs!!! Or maybe a seperate pack of just these. I'm always running of of the common letters.
2. I agree with Michelle, I can't stand cutting the letters out of rub-on sheets, I wish they came seperated or perferated (sp??).
3. I need some type of storage for all my foam stamps. Right now they are in a bin and it's time consuming looking for a word. Those dinky containers that they give you are such a pain!
4. Rugby related items. I don't need many, but am tired of making my own!
5. I'm stealing this from Debbie - workout items ie. yoga, kickbox, aerobics.
6. I want a die cut system that doesn't cost a fortune! Is that possible :) Or that one system that will diecut your fonts from the computer, I don't know the name of it, but I think it's $500 or so. I would have a hard time convincing me to write the check!
On a different note... Cassidy, my youngest, fell asleep on my lap tonight. She woke up and started to say "meow". I asked her if she was dreaming of kitties and she had a great big smile on her face and said "yea" and fell back to sleep. How cute is that!!!
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Sunday, February 05, 2006
It's good to be home, although, we had an awesome vacation!! Here's one out of about 300 photos! This was our first day.
You can view the Disney photos here - http://disneyphotopass.go.com/DPI/r.d?i=418098828
Caytlynn keeps on asking to go back to Florida.
I am just loving all of the LOs and projects I have received for the Scrap-Tastic DT! Keep 'em coming!!
Oh, I almost forgot one of my highlights - The Waffle House :) It makes me happy just thinking of it!